It's sunny, beautiful spring in the San Juan Mountains: the birds are chirping, the snow is melting and the crocuses and daffodils are blooming. You know what all that means...MUD!!! Sticky, gooey, glorious mud.
The second annual Ouray County Mud Fest, April 26 – 28th, celebrates the mud season by combining the mud with our passion for 4x4 adventures. Come watch the competitions and exhibitions or bring out your own 4x4 vehicle and sign up for the obstacle course, mud runs, or truck pull. There will be plenty of clean and dirty fun for the kids and adults, including a Mud Fest 5K, mud volleyball, tug-of-war, pedal-cars, and much more. Want a preview of what’s in store? Enjoy this video from the inaugural Ouray County Mud Fest!
Ouray County Mud Fest is a collaborative event between the Ouray Chamber Resort Association and the Ridgway Area Chamber of Commerce. This event highlights beautiful Ouray County - especially its glorious mud - and celebrates its unique adventurous spirit during a traditionally slow season. The event was designed to provide fun for locals and visitors alike, help support the local economy and ultimately provide funding to help preserve the valuable resource we have in the historic Ouray County Fairgrounds.
The 2013 Ouray County Mud Fest covers a full weekend of muddy fun, with activities planned for Ouray and Ridgway. New components include a truck pull, a Mud Fest 5K run, a concert in Ouray, and expanded 4x4 competitions.
Lodging: In addition to great hotels in Ouray and Ridgway, self-contained RV camping is available in Ouray at the 4J+1+1 Campground, in Ridgway at Orvis Hot Springs, between Ouray and Ridway at Weber’s Westridge RV Park, and north of Ridgway at Ridgway State Park. No camping is available on site at the event.
- Friday, April 26: MUD JAM: 4 - 8 PM, Ouray Community Center
- $5 adults; kids free
- Join the rocking David Starr Band and all of your muddy buddies to kick off the weekend, pre-register for your 4x4 competitions, the Mud Fest 5K and purchase raffle tickets for the 2013 Ouray Raffle Jeep. Wine and beer sales will benefit the Ouray Mountain Air Music Series.
- Saturday, April 27: OURAY COUNTY MUD FEST: 9 AM - 5 PM, Ouray County Fairgrounds
- $10 adults; $5 kids
- 9:00 AM: Driver's Meeting
- 9:15 AM: Pledge of Allegiance
- 9:20 AM: National Anthem
- 9:25 AM: Introduction of Special Guests - the Ouray County Commissioners will once again be the Honorary Grand Marshals of Mud Fest. For the second year in a row they have proclaimed the last weekend of April to be "Mud Fest Regocnition Weekend"
9:30 AM: Start of Family Activities sponsored by Colorado National Guard, Ridgway Fire Department, Ouray Fire Department, Thunder Mountain Raceway, and more.
- 10 AM - 5 PM: 4x4 Mud Runs and Obstacle Course Events
- Pre-registration: $35 one event / $50 two events
- Mud Fest weekend registration: $40 one event / $60 two events
- Mud Run & 4x4 Obstacle Course Rules & Regulations
- 12:30 PM & 2:30 PM: Warrior Promotions Motorcycle Exhibition
- Sunday, April 28: OURAY COUNTY MUD FEST: 8 AM - 5 PM: Ouray County Fairgrounds
- $10 adults, $5 kids
- 8:00 AM: Mud Fest 5K
- $25 entry, includes your entry into Mud Fest for Sunday
- Join us on a beautiful course along the Uncompahgre River and get your spring running training in full gear with this fun (and potentially muddy) 5K. This run is the kick off to the Ouray County Race Series for 2013 and will benefit the restoration of the Ouray County Faigrounds.
- Sign Up Here!
9:00 AM: RockWorx Buggy Exhibition
- 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM: 4x4 Competition Finals & Alpine Offroad Truck Pull
- 4:00 PM: Award Presentations
- Stick around to cheer on the winners of all of the weekend's exciting events!
The 2013 Ouray County Mud Fest is also the kick-off for the 49th Annual Jeep Raffle. Check out this year’s brand new 2013 Jeep Wrangler, buy your tickets, and dream about where you will take it first!
Want to help out with the event? We promise it's a fun day for you and the whole family! We're using VolunteerSpot to organize our Mud Fest Volunteers. So click on the VolunteerSpot icon below and join us for a few hours - or a full day - of fun in the mud!
This event, like so many others, could not happen without the generosity of our local and regional sponsors. Please be sure to check out their businesses while you're in town!
The Weaver Family
San Miguel Power Association, An Eceletic Eye, MBC Grand Radio, Mike & Joyce Smith, Montrose Memorial Hospital, Mouse's Chocolates, Ouray County EMS, Ouray Mountain Sports, Ouray Vacation Rentals, Inc., Rugged Ridge Offroad, The Wild Bunch 4x4 Club, Twin Peaks Lodgings & Hot Springs
...with additional thanks to Ouray County, the Town of Ridgway, the City of Ouray, Ouray County Sheriff's Department, Ridgway Marshal's Office, Ouray Police Department, and Ouray County EMS for keeping us all safe...
...and an extra special thanks to
for hosting our Volunteer Party!